United Way St. Croix Valley's Success By 6 Vision
All children in our communities by age six, with the strong support of family and community, will have the necessary physical, mental, emotional and social development to successfully grow and learn.
New Talk, Read, Play, Sing! Initiative
Click here to learn more about our new Talk, Read, Play Sing! initiative.
The Board has ranked and approved five priorities--the desired results for Success By 6 programs:
- Parents and caregivers will have the knowledge and training to provide children with safe, stable and supportive environments.
- Parents and children will have opportunities for group interaction, education and support.
- Communities will understand the importance of quality early childhood development programs and work to strengthen services.
- Parents and community caregivers will be aware of community resources and have the information needed to access them.
- All children will receive age-appropriate developmental screening to identify possible delays and provide the parents with referrals to services.
Why We Are Different
- Focuses holistically on all children ages zero to six
- Part of the largest network of early childhood coalitions in the country
- Focuses on results; delivers measurable impact and unique solutions
- Local initiative that is owned, developed and customized by our communities
- Provides an equal voice to everyone through United Way’s role as a community catalyst and convener
- Builds community awareness and commitment
- Gets out the message that a child’s first years are crucial to later success in life
- Collaborates with Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley and other non-profit agencies as well as additional public and private partners
Our Partner Hospitals
Your support for Success By 6 is key to its long-term influence in our communities. If you would like to donate to support Success By 6, click here.
Photo courtesy of our partner Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley